Come in and Relax -- We offer oral sedation and inhalation (laughing gas) sedation.
Dr. Bouwmeester was originally trained in sedation by Dr. Brian Chanpong at UBC. He has since taken additional training with Dr. David Donaldson, Dr. Mark Donaldson and Dr. Fred Quarnstrom. Dr. Bouwmeester will monitor your vitals using state of the art Welch Allyn Connex monitoring equipement; including blood pressure, pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation (Masimo sensors) to ensure your safety and peace of mind.
Dental anxiety plagues more than 1 in 3 people in north america. This means you are not alone in how you feel and Dr. B and his team are sensitive to your dental apprehension.
You have options for your sedation:
- Oral Sedation
- Combination Sedation (Oral + Laughing Gas)
Inhalation Sedation (Laughing Gas - Nitrous Oxide)
- The safest recognized sedation used in dentistry for adults and children
- It acts quickly - you drift into a pleasant dreamlike state in minutes
- Recover time is less than 5 minutes and has no lasting effects
- You are safe to drive home after your appointment